Sunday, May 8, 2011

MOM

we all know today is mother's day. and most of us have sent flowers or cards or called the women who have been there for us from the very beginning. but this day always reminds me of just how much i love my mom, and how much i really am like her. i love my mom so much. she is a smart, patient, caring, fun, and creative woman. she is always there for me to confide in, and seek counsel from. she remains patient with me no matter how many times i snuck out, dated the dumb boy, didn't study for that test, and forgot to put away my laundry. she will listen to me whine, cry, shout, or just sit in silence as i try to piece together my life. she has raised 3 young women, 2 of which i can testify are incredible. i look up to them everyday. my mom is an irreplaceable part of our family. i would be nothing and no one without you, mom. thank you for holding me when i feel alone, picking me up when i fall down, gathering up the pieces, and helping me glue them back together again, even if it's just for a little while. you made my childhood picturesque, and i only have fond memories of all the work you put into giving me and Riley the best times of our lives year after year. i love you endlessly. see you in a month :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment