Monday, June 6, 2011

take a breather

i am going to be on my way home in 2 days, 6 hours, and 43 minutes. in exactly 2 days, i am going to be done with my first year of college, packing, and getting ready for the most unforgettable summer. what is waiting for me at home? so much. my family, whom i've missed dearly. my dogs, that are more like my godparents than anything else, summer school. a job, and an apartment where i will be living with my wonderful sister all of 4 blocks from the beach. the makings of a great 3 months. two of my best friends are already there too. i cannot wait to get home, have a room, lay out in the sun, run, swim, hike, bike, canoe, and rope swing at my childhood home before it is time to take a new city by storm where ri and i will be living raw and yogi. out own little hideaway for the summer. you really can't appreciate yoga, and the entire yogic way of life, until you personally have experienced more than once aspect of it yourself. i used to scoff at yoga myself a few years ago, until i started doing yoga, then became vegetarian, and then vegan, then got into meditation. you start to love so much. not just love yoga, but you love yourself. i have honestly never thought it possible to be so at peace and so confident in myself. just a couple years ago, i was the girl who could not take a compliment without becoming outrageously bashful and tell the doer that they were mistaken about me. i would only measure my social triumphs by who i was dating and by how quickly i could find another boy. i let others define who i was. i'm not saying i don't do this at times still. but it truly is a fraction of what it used to be. i know who i am, i know what i want to do, i know what i want. and, no matter how foolish they may seem, i'm going to go for them. i a going to take the chances that are presented to me, because i don't want to see them in someone else's hands. this is my life. this is my story. one that i love and cherish and you are more than welcome to disagree. but, if you don't like your own story, then who will ever listen? 

No comments:

Post a Comment