Saturday, June 11, 2011

family

what does family mean to you?

are they the people you constantly fight with.
are they the people who you can't stand. 
are they the people that make rules you don't understand. 
are they the people you hope you'll never end up like. 

or...

are they the people who know you better than anyone else in the world.
are they the people who taught you nearly everything you know.
are they the people who are there for you no matter what. 
are they the people who will pick you up every time you fall down. 
are they the people who, you know without, you would be nothing. 


you see, no matter how many friends i lose, no matter how many people hurt me, no matter how many times i trip myself up and find myself face down on the sidewalk. they're always there. whether i want them to be or not. they will never leave me. no one knows me as well as they do, and no one goes the extra mile nearly as much as they do. 

my sister is the only person i can completely be myself with, no matter the circumstances. we have hated eachother throughout the years, we have fought, screamed, teased, and ignored one another as we tried to figure out who the heck we were. but you really do start to appreciate one another as time goes by. my sister is one of the biggest role models in my life, and a very important symbol of comfort and of home. we know the good and bad parts about eachother, and we know how to handle all pieces of one another's personality. Riles, i will gladly be Crazy Aunt Sydney for your kids one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment